The Asian Competition Forum (ACF) has been organizing competition law conferences at different venues in Asia since 2005. Through the conferences, we connect academics, government officials and legal practitioners in the field of competition policy and law and economics in order to contribute to capacity building in the region.
This year will be the 11th year of the annual conference. Speakers at the conference will provide their insights and expertise in relation to the conference theme of ‘Due Process and Transparency in Competition Law in Asia’, a topic of considerable importance in both public and private sectors.
Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Li Ka Shing Tower Senate Room (M1603) 16/F (campus map).
Monday 30th November and Tuesday 1st December 2015.
Sign-In: 8:30AM – 8:50AM.
Panels: 9:00AM – 5:00PM with suitable interim breaks and lunch.
Key speakers who will attend the event include:
• The Hon. Anna Wu, Chair of the Hong Kong Competition Commission.
• The Hon. Justice Godfrey Lam, President of the Hong Kong Competition Tribunal.
• Our keynote speaker, The Hon. Chief Justice Robert S French, Chief Justice of the High Court of Australia.
• Representatives from international competition agencies including Hong Kong, Singapore, India, Vietnam, the Philippines, Australia and the United States.
• Academic speakers from across the world, including Professor D. Daniel Sokol, Professor Dr Ningrum Natasya Sirait, Professor Toshiaki Takigawa, A/Prof Burton Tze En Ong and other leading competition academics from a range of jurisdictions.
• Leading competition economic consultancies and a large number of renowned international competition lawyers.